Saturday, July 7, 2012

Meet and Greets

I went to a meet up tonight with some fellow 12wbt Sydneysiders for dinner. We had a great dinner and catch up, I also got to meet some new people that I hadn't met. After tonight it got me thinking about the forums and facebook pages and support in the 12wbt program and I do think this is a key part to the success alot of people have with it. The invaluable chit chat of really knowing there is someone else out there like you in the same boat that you can connect with that has done or thought what you have.

Someone that has driven thru one if not two or three drive thru fast food outlets before and ordered an array of food only to sit in the car and inhale eveything then feel guilty later and wanting to throw up... But not throwing up because you either don't want to waste the money that was just spent ordering and eating all that food or just not wanting to go down that path of having an "eating disorder" because clearly you don't have one already. I know I have been guilty of it. It's actually comforting to know that we aren't that unique and there is always someone else trying to overcome their demons to be the best version of themselves. So I put this to you, If you are doing the 12wbt program and haven't met up with some of the other members make it one of you goals to step outside you comfort zone and give it a go, you may be pleasantly surprised it could be the key to your success!

No comments:

Post a Comment