Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Week 4 fitness test and weigh in wednesday

I will be doing my week 4 fitness test this coming weekend with the western Sydney crew, these are the people I did my week 1 test with and it will be nice to catch up and see everyone again. I weighed in this morning and have lost 2.1kgs this week and a total of 5.3kgs since week 1. I'm pretty happy with this as I haven't been giving it 100%. The good thing is I know I'll get there eventually. Slow and steady and consistent. I'll be going to buy myself a reward for the 5kg loss. Previously I have rewarded myself with food but not anymore I'll be getting a new sports bra which is definately needed. Now I was speaking to a good friend the other day and we were talking about my blog. I gave her my
access to my blog to help her sister in law stay on track and maybe help her understand we are all on a similar journey and to keep at it, be consistent (she signed up this is her first round)

What she was saying is she never knew how I felt about being overweight or my weightloss or fitness and she said my blog made her cry. She didn't know I had felt "out of my comfort zone"doing ANYTHING as I was always such a confident person. Well I didn't know I felt these things either until I started writing them down in this blog which has been quite emotional for me. I had never really cared that I was overweight or what other people thought of me hence me being overweight and unfit for the most if the past 20 years. Yesterday I had dropped off my daughter to daycare and I hadn't been there for awhile. I am at the stage where people are starting to notice I have lost weight and I was complimented, questioned and I really felt funny talking about my weightloss. I sat in the car and actually cried, i'm still not sure why I was crying, whether I was crying for all the years I have been overweight, things I haven't done because of this or how people saw me prior to losing the weight. I've never felt this way before and I don't know why I do but maybe I did care what people thought and I never admitted it to myself, until now.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Sandra! You're progressing in leaps and bounds! I'm so proud of you!! I'm so happy that you're one of my friends - keep up the super awesome work xo

    ReplyDelete